Monday, August 27, 2007

What did you have for breakfast this morning?

I had an omelet make with one egg, one egg white, a jalapeno, a little onion, and a baby eggplant. I had a piece of Brownberry 100%whole wheat, double fiber toast sprayed with Pam so the garlic salt would stick to it. Two tablespoons of "Screaming Hot Salsa" jazzed it up a little bit.

How about you? What are some of the things you eat for breakfast when you're losing weight? Since I'm going to be doing this for a while, it's nice to try something new once in a while so I'm anxious to hear your creative breakfast ideas!

I have stayed on target! I dipped into my weekly bonus points yesterday. (for those of you who have never been on Weight Watchers, you get a certain amount of points daily, and then 35 points weekly that you can use any way you like---divide them up and use a little every day or go eat something disgustingly rich and use up a week's worth in one sitting). I always feel like I'm cheating when I do that, even though that's part of the diet. I need to get over that! It was fun to have pizza yesterday and it didn't blow the plan! I shouldn't feel shame just because I happened to enjoy availing myself of the extra points I had coming my way:-)

Also, it is time to make myself accountable to you all for the exercise I'm NOT doing. Now that I'm 'in the zone' with the diet, I need to do the same with my exercising. My goal is 30 minutes of cardio every day except weekends ...walking or treadmill....doesn't matter, and then weight training at least 4 times per week. I know that losing weight will be easier if I build more muscle and the older I get, the more effort that takes so I better get on it. Nagging is most definitely allowed, thank you very much!

3 comments:

Pen of Jen said...

I haven't eaten yet. I am doing an arm work out and this is my break in between the arm and the stomach.

I eat 1/2 cup of beans(pinto) and 1/4 -1/2 of an onion. I try and drink a small glass of orange juice each morning too.

Off to my stomach(then my walk!)

Karen said...

Believe it or not, that sounds pretty good with a little vinegar, salt & pepper on it! Hmmmm. I'll have to give it a whirl.

Pen of Jen said...

Hey I posted my diet(not in not eating....but what I eat)

I have never heard of vinegar on beans and although a little skeptical, may try it tomorrow!!