Monday, August 13, 2007

Another Important Tip

I know a lot of my overeating has taken place simply because I'm not paying attention. Eating is a great thing....a gift from God. We should take pleasure in eating and be thankful for what we eat. So I think we need to give eating it's own time. In other words....don't combine eating with other things like watching a video or teaching your kids or driving....or blogging! When you've combined eating with another activity, once you've finished eating you barely remember having the meal, snack, or whatever it is. Pick a place in your house to eat (hmmm...how about the kitchen table) and then only eat there. When you're eating, enjoy the flavor of the food, enjoy the activity itself, and enjoy those who are eating with you. Then move on. If you're used to eating while watching tv....you will eat more than you intend. If you eat while blogging, you'll down a pile of food before you've even conciously registered that you're consuming something. Condition yourself to confine eating to your kitchen table or wherever your designated spot is. If you are a homeschooling mom that teaches at your kitchen table, try to have the school stuff off the table when you eat. Eat breakfast there before the books get set up, clear the books to have lunch. Don't make stuffing your face a part of your teaching routine. Been there, done that, gained a lot of weight!

Remember.....I Corinthians 6:12"Everything is permissible for me"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"—but I will not be mastered by anything.

3 comments:

Pen of Jen said...

Excellent tips! I am on my program and like this so far!
Jennifer
penofjen.blogspot.com
jensmakeover.blogspot.com

Marsheila said...

hey karen this is marsheila I am so glad you made you a diet blog. I love your tips although we watch tv while we eat dinner all the time and your right you don't realize how much you ate. keep up the good work and keep in touch sorry I have'nt been on my blog in awhile but I'm back. oh try the crystal light on the go add one pack to your bottled water it is so good I have tried lemonade, fruit punch, and peach tea so far and they are wonderful that is if you just don't like plain water I can't drink plain water myself. well gotta go keep in touch.

Karen said...

Marsheila and Jennifer, Thanks for stopping by leaving a comment. We can do this! I can't wait to see how much we've lost at this time next year.

Marsheila, while I was at the store I picked up some of the Crystal Light Peach Tea on your recommendation. I can't wait to try it.