Friday, August 3, 2007

What the Challenge is All About

In my other blog, I put out a bit of a challenge to myself, but I'm hoping to get a few others to tag along. While doing Weight Watchers a couple years ago, I noticed that when you lost a few pounds, they'd congratulate you with things like, "Be proud---you lost the equivalent of four sticks of butter" or a gallon of milk or something like that. Well, I can't think of a fat that is much grosser than Crisco (okay, well maybe whale blubber but it doesn't come in premeasured cans)so I'm using that as my weight-loss yardstick.

If I lose weight too quickly on a very restrictive diet (Atkins, low-carb, etc) I just pile the pounds back on with all their cellulite-packed little friends. Weight Watchers worked nicely for me before. I haven't gained the majority of my weight back that I had lost, I just need to finish the job once and for all. What I need to lose is 14 cans of Crisco (they're 3 pounds each) If we all lose two pounds per week between now and Christmas, we can be down 42 pounds by Christmas. Merry Christmas to us!

The rules are only these. Lose weight safely...no starving yourself or taking ridiculous pills. Always tell yourself the truth about what you've eaten. Use any reasonable plan that works for you. Be nice to everyone else on the blog:-)

I will report every day on how I did with my eating. I'm looking for others who want to check in frequently to report on how they're doing. We can keep each other going. Will you help me on this? How many cans of Crisco do YOU need to lose?

No comments: