Thursday, August 23, 2007

Baby Steps

We all have foods that are pretty near irresistable in our weak moments. I've already told you that food that is about to be wasted is hard for me to leave alone.......especially when it's pancakes all cut up in bite-sized pieces with syrup all over it. I've caved many a time when my daughter's left a few bites on her plate. But that was before. Yesterday I served her and son#3 some pancakes. She left her typical 4 or 5 bites on the plate. I didn't touch it. Quite honestly, I didn't even think about those pancakes until this morning. Success comes in baby steps, doesn't it? One day we turn down a chip or a pancake, another day maybe we ramp up our exercise program. Before you know it, we've all lost a little weight and can fit into a size we haven't seen in a decade or two.

I've been 100% faithful to the plan! I dropped that other half pound this morning so I have lost two full cans of crisco now! I will really have to get exercising more intensely to keep losing at the same rate. (I tend to plateau a little when I get around this weight) I'm encouraged! I'm not finding this to be horrible, but a fun challenge. It makes it more fun knowing there are others around doing the same thing!

Have a great day. Stay on plan. Suck your stomach in. Be content in your circumstances. Enjoy your food today with joy and gratitude for what the Father has provided. Focus on your family today rather than your fleeing fat :-) Your family will be around for a while, your FAT won't!

1 John 3
"1How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!......"

1 comment:

TO BECOME said...

Very good post. Thanks a lot. Keep up the good work. You are an encouragement and a great help. connie from Texas