Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Weak Weeks---Ugh!

As I am getting closer to weigh-in day (Wednesdays for me), I see that I have not come down any further than last week, although there is still time for that to change. I haven't cheated even once on my points. I haven't been a couch potato. I just remembered about THIS part of the diet. The dreaded 'week before that time of the month'. <cue scary music here> . I need to remember that this is the week that I have to keep motivated to stick to points regardless of what the scale says because I NEVER lose weight during this week.....it will come off the week after along with the usual from that week. This week is also always the one in which chocolate seems to call to me from every store shelf and ice cream freezer. It's okay. I'm ready. I bought some chocolate-flavored rice cakes......but learned last night how important it is to count them out and put them in a bowl rather than munching with the bag next to me. I didn't listen to my own advice from the other day and SEE what happened? I ate a couple more points worth than I intended. Thankfully I stayed within my daily parameters.

Today's point is this. There will be weeks that in spite of our best efforts, we won't lose a THING. As discouraging as it is, it is not a license to scrap the whole diet because "I'm not losing anything, anyway!!!" Rather it's an opportunity to be diligent in spite of the circumstances. As a believer, I need to walk a lot of things out through faith. Right now dieting is one of them.

Today's goals for me: 1)Finish blogging and then don't sit down until lunchtime, and then not again until dinner. If I have to check my email I can do it standing up. Don't laugh.....Once I park my keister on the couch and start on the computer, I can waste a lot of time. Plus, I need to burn those extra calories. 2) Take my daughter to the Y this afternoon---I can do my workout and then we can swim together. I might even do it this morning .

2 comments:

Pen of Jen said...

Ooh have fun swimming!I am not a big fan of water, but I loved it when I did water aerobics!!

Although when it happened I was sad, I can now say reading your post, that I am glad that I had a hysterectomy, cause I know I would be munching!

I am so glad to have you found me! How?? How did you find me???

Because you have been my honesty factor..I am accountable to you and you have no reason to judge me, nor to think I am such a loser because I am overweight.

Thank you so much! I am sitting while the kids wrap up school!!

Karen said...

Jennifer--
Thanks....we had a ball swimming. Pretty much nobody was there but us, so I didn't feel too enormous and I got a little bit of lap swimming in. What a moron, though. I wore my flip flops to the gym and forgot sneakers so I couldn't go on the treadmill. I decided to go ahead and do the weight machines with my flip flops on and nobody kicked me out :-) What a rebel. I just didn't want to miss getting my workout in.

I think I found you through Connie's blog....I don't know her either but I think the Lord just sets these things up, you know. Let me tell you a quick story. About 2 years ago, I was feeling pretty lonely. My wonderful husband was going through a horrid time at work and putting in ridiculous hours. I just really was lacking friends because of my situation in life....I didn't fit in with most of the moms that had toddlers because they were all 20 years younger than me. It was tough to get together and fit in with other people my age because I always had a toddler with me---who was lonely because there weren't any other toddlers around. Just about that time, I put Carrie in a swim class at the Y. I got talking to one of the other moms and we kind of hit it off. She had five children as well. Four of them were older, just like mine----and she had a daughter whose birthday was 11 days after mine. that she had when she was 40. They are a believing family and we ended up being a huge support for each other. They have been homeschoolers on & off as well. God provides what we need, when we need it. What a blessing that relationship has been!

I am so thankful you happened by my blog, too. I don't really care if I have a lot of people reading my blog, I just wanted a few people to read it and hold me accountable, hopefully others in the same situation. God provided again.

By the way....I did accomplish my goals today. I stayed under my points target, stayed off the couch, and stayed at the gym long enought to exercise!