Sunday, August 19, 2007

Afternoon Antiques

This afternoon, my husband and I went antique shopping. Just to give you some background, we live in a house built in 1991, but we're aiming to make the inside look a little more like 1891 or earlier. We've put wide plank pine floors in the living room and dining room, and in September, we plan to do the same in the kitchen and hallway. Eventually the family room will be wood and tile (we think). Anyway, this year we've purchased a number of antiques or reproductions for those 'already floored' rooms and just needed a piece for one specific area. Today we combed the Antique fair for hours, didn't find it, and ended up getting a reproduction from one of our favorite little stores (http://www.dixboro.com/). Next weekend we need to finish all the trim in the room, find a lamp to go on top of the piece we got today, hang a few pictures, and we're done.

Now, back to my eating habits. The food at the Antique market smelled amazing. I was able to walk right past many of my favorites...Thai food, doughnuts, etc.. I ate oat bran before I left in the morning, and then had Wendy's for lunch. I like to get a small chili and dump it on top of a small side salad with no dressing. I also had a plain baked potato(with the skin for more fiber).
I had plenty of points left over for dinner at home. Weight Watchers frozen dinners were on sale at Kroger today so I ate one of those for dinner. I snacked on a bunch of seasoned fat-free RyKrisps among other things, and ended up the day with a few extra points. I am IN THE ZONE! I really love this program....it just works so well for me and fits my lifestyle so well. I'm not bored with what I eat and I don't walk around hungry all the time. My weight loss is steady.

Tomorrow I shall exercise and, yes, you can hold me accountable for that!

4 comments:

Pen of Jen said...

Wow first I must see pictures of the floors! Second I love antiquing, and my home is a very eclectic home indeed, due to my shopping. Antiquing is really much less expensive and I have found better quality!!

Thirdly fantastic!! Good for you, I am taking your tips to heart and eating before I leave home has been wonderful!!

I am hoping that you have exercised as to compliment your great eating zone!

Jen

TO BECOME said...

Hello, I am so pleased to meet you. I just found the comment you left on my cooking blog. It was such an encouragement to me. I am praying that you make your goal. I am coming back soon and read all your blog thus far. Thank you for stopping by mine and I will be praying for us all. connie from Texas

Karen said...

Jennifer...I will post some floor pictures once my dear sons give my camera back. One of them has opened an ebay store and uses it to take pictures of the stuff he sells. He went up to school and then son#3 took it on his camping vacation. The camera came back fine, but the cord that connects the camera to the laptop somehow got lost in the transition from one son to the other.

Karen said...

Connie,

I'm so glad you stopped by! Like you, I lost a good chunk of weight before, so I know I can do this. After all that work, I still can't believe I let some of it back on. Oh well...now we're pressing on again, right? It's nice to have others with us in the journey!

Karen