Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Get the Fat Out

One of the things I've found that makes cooking for the family a little easier while I'm dieting, is cooking some things the day before and refridgerating them. Why? Because then I can make some of the typical soups, stews, spaghetti sauce, taco meat, french dip, etc., that I usually do, but when it gets refrigerated, any of the fat I was unable to skim off before turns into a solid clump and I can easily get it out of there before reheating. Also, I just think most things taste a little better the second day..when the flavors have had a little time to mingle.

Most of the recipes I do this for are better suited to colder weather and when we get into the fall with it's cooler temps, I will post some of them.

Nothing too exciting in 'diet world' today. I have been faithful to the plan. My lovely daughter hauled a bunch of little weights into the kitchen yesterday along with my medicine ball (a 6-pound weighted ball--that's just what they call it). If I didn't exercise, she was going to leave it there in the middle of the floor so I'd trip over it all day. Good girl! We had fun using the equipment together and I got my exercise in. I still have to somehow work the 'Y' into my normal schedule so I get the cardio workout as well as the weight training. I don't have a treadmill at home and it's been pouring outside so I haven't walked. Have a great day---one day closer to our goals if we stick to our plans!

Oh---don't forget to take this week's poll down near the bottom of the page!

2 comments:

Pen of Jen said...

You are full of excellent tips!!!
I love the support of your daughter, just don't TRIP!!!

TO BECOME said...

I love all the tips you give. I think they will really help me. I am praying for you. connie