Friday, August 10, 2007

Not an OCCASION to give in to TEMPTATION!

Today begins the festival that our town has every year called Milford Memories. It's a nice craft show, fair, sidewalk sale, food, music, and fun outing and it lasts three days. We are close enough that we just walk from home every year.

In order to avoid the temptation that awaits there (can you say 'elephant ears', 'cinnamon almonds', and 'Italian sausage and peppers'?) , I'll have to be diligent by eating before we go. Taking along a few bagged snacks so that I have something to eat while my 5-yr-old eats the treats should do the trick.

I'm well past a week now and haven't eaten one thing that I didn't document and every mouthful was within my daily and weekly point allowance. I will stay on track until Christmas eve. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels. Truer words have not been spoken in the diet realm. Maybe I'll have it carved into a sign over my fridge and pantry.

P.S. I've already divested myself of a whole can of Crisco. How about you?

No comments: