Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Black Bean Salsa-With Apologies to Dr.Seuss

I truly like this on a chip
On a taco
As a dip



I would eat it by itself
from the fridge
Right off the shelf



I would eat this here or there
I would eat this
ANYWHERE



I would eat this with a spoon
or a fork
or on the MOON



Black bean salsa is so good
I'd even eat it
Over wood

2 - 15 oz. cans of black beans, rinsed & drained
1 - 14 oz. can of corn, drained
2 - large ripe tomatoes, seeded & chopped
1 - large avocado diced
2 - jalapenos chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro (this is the most important ingredient IMHO)
4 TBS fresh lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil (when this is for me, I take this down to maybe 1 TBS)
1/4 cup wine vinegar
1/2 tsp ground black pepper (fresh from a peppermill is the best)
salt to tast
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced

Give yourself a workout by chopping up all this stuff. Mix it up and pop it in the refrigerator. I frequently leave out the avocado because my sons don't like it, and it gets icky looking after a day in the fridge. There's no doubt that the oil makes it taste great, but I love it immensely (can you tell?) even without the oil.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

No apologies to Dr Seuss, way cute!!!


I would leave out the avocado, for the slimy issues too!!

I will try this next week because we will be gone!

But not on a chip
not for a chip to dip,

and not by a frito

not by a dorito,

it probably would be nice...

But I will try it on rice!

Sorry got caught up in the moment, but I will not cave!!!

Superb!!
Jen