Sunday, August 5, 2007

Planning for Peril

Today could be a dangerous one so I am planning ahead. We will be taking our 5-yr-old daughter to see Underdog. I know she will be eating the dreaded butter-soaked movie popcorn and some candy. I know I'll want something so I'm going to go armed with a small bag of the lowfat popcorn in my purse and a few weight watchers chocolates to eat---(all planned into my daily points, of course).

I know from the the last time I did this that pre-planning helped me out of those tempting moments unscathed.

Our second oldest is heading back to college this week and we plan on taking everyone to Outback tonight. Watching them all eat a Bloomin' Onion will be torturous but if I put it in perspective, it helps. That onion will be on our table for about 15 minutes. If I eat it, it will stick to my thighs for a lifetime. It would take me hours to work it off and ten minutes after they finish eating it, I won't even know it had existed. Here's the rundown per chowbaby.com ---

Outback Steakhouse©
Aussie-Tizers - Bloomin Onion w/Dressing©
Serving Size: whole
Calories: 2310
Total Fat: 134 grams
Carbohydrates: 241 grams
Protein: 35 grams

It doesn't list the fiber but I'm sure it's negligible. One of those lovely onions could use up my points for the next two and a half days.
Sooooo.....I think I'll have Chicken on the Barbie with Steamed plain Vegetables. I'll skip the potato, eat slowly, guzzle lots of unsweetened ice tea, and dine on wonderful conversation with my family. Maybe I'll have coffee and a WW chocolate for dessert.

When I get home this evening, I won't have to start all over again on my diet or feel guilty for eating too much. It's all in the planning.

Have a great day!

No comments: