Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Progress

I'm looking forward to my weigh-in tomorrow. I'm acting like I go somewhere to weigh in, but I just weigh myself at home like I do 10 times a day, it's just 'official' on Wednesday....the one I record at the Weight Watchers site. I seem to be going in the right direction. This week is particularly exciting because I will hit a weight I haven't seen in a good long time. Wahooooooo!

My sink is spotless. My bed is made. I already did two loads of laundry and put them away this morning. Life is good.

Right now I'm paying attention to the last three minutes of an ebay auction because I bid on an old copy of a book that I quoted in a post for my other blog, http://allthingsnerak.blogspot.com/search/label/family%20history . I have a recent reprint under another title, but this is the real deal from 1914. Hey, I just won the auction! It's coming from England. My dad was offered an original copy of the book by my great uncle but refused it because he wanted him to give it to his own son. My dad found out after he died that he REALLY had wanted him to have it and that his son wasn't all that interested. The book just got passed off to someone else. Could THIS be THAT copy? Ah, the mystery. In the description on EBAY it says there is a light signature on the first page. Wouldn't that be awesome if it was my great-grandfather's? Oh, I'm getting all carried away here. I'm just so excited that it will be on it's way to me. What a treasure.

I've STUNK at getting all my exercise in, but I have been pretty good at getting the house under increasingly more control. I probably should have made those two consecutive challenges rather than concurrent ones but I'm not going to give up. I have been active, just not as much as I'd like.

I need to get over and post on my other blog. I haven't wanted to take the time to sit down and post when I've had a lot to do around here. I'll probably get to it later today or tomorrow.

Off to do the last-minute preparations for another day of schooling.

No comments: