Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Long Walk in the Same Direction

It's been said that discipleship is a long walk in the same direction. I would have to say that weight loss is the same thing. It's not a sprint or a jog. It's more like a meandering! Progress is slow, but it's still progress. While God is pleased with us steadfastly following Him even if we falter in our ignorance sometimes, I need to be happy that I have been steadfast in my commitment to eat a healthy diet, regardless of the scale. That being said, I did lose poundage this week! Yeah!

My sink is clean, the dishwasher has been divested of its clean contents, this morning's laundry has been washed, dried, folded, and--more importantly-- PUT AWAY! Load #2 will be popped into the dryer soon. I hereby promise that it will be folded and returned to its proper places while it still retains some of the warmth from the dryer!

After Load#2 goes into said dryer, dinner will get started. Wednesday is generally 'crockpot night' because I take Carrie to gymnastics and then soccer, usually arriving at the homestead about the time when Jim is getting home from work. Having a hot dinner waiting makes us all happy!

I need to get back to my other blog soon. Homeschooling has kept me very busy. I forgot how teacher-intensive those primary years are.....especially when it involves more than just my own daughter. I'm getting into the pattern and rhythm of it once again.

3 comments:

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Sis. Karen,
I'm sorry it took me so long to answer your inquiry about your upcoming trip to Raleigh, NC. Below are a few links of fun things to do in that area. Some of them are even free and we all know that to be a BIG plus!! :) A few of the links are to non-Christian places so, you'll have to overlook them such as I did. My family has been to a couple of the museums that were listed and from what I can remember, they were high-class.

http://www.visitraleigh.com/visitors/free.html

http://triangle.citysearch.com/roundup/40374/?brand=msn

http://www.northcarolinatravels.com/raleigh/entertainment.htm

Hope this was a help to you!

TO BECOME said...

I am glad you determination is paying off. I am still praying for you.

My scales broke and it was kind of a jar to my ego when I found that the old ones had been off 20 pounds but I am doing really well and I continue on knowing that sooner or later I WILL reach my goal. Thank you for your blog. connie from Texas

Marsheila said...

good post sis karen you make me want to get up and do stuff lol which I really need to anyways
have a great day and thanks for the comment on my kitchen cabinets.