Monday, October 8, 2007

It's a Process, Isn't It?

I'm here to report that I have been completely faithful to the eating plan now for 68 days! It feels great. I am also here to report that I still haven't gotten this exercise thing worked into my routine. I haven't been a couch potato and son#4 has been good with challenging me to do a few ab exercises here and there but it is still not a regular part of my routine......I cannot lie to my blog friends. As I become more organized, I am reworking my schedule to accomodate that measly 30 active minutes. Jim and I were going to walk last night but he had a very stressful week last week and ended up sound asleep by around 9:00. He needed it and I don't begrudge it, but I need to somehow get that stuff in earlier so I'm not dependent on someone else. I have plans with one of my friends to start walking in the morning but she has obligations early for the next few days. I'll get there. I promise. I guess I should tell you how I plan to get my exercise today....then you can hold me accountable tomorrow! I will get my 30 minutes in today right at 5:00. The Y is nearly empty then and Carrie can actually come for 30 minutes of Kid's Club for free. I know the people there and it's fun for her. The Y is usually a great option because I tend to end up doing 45 minutes to an hour. I also usually push myself to run nearly half of it. You would laugh if you saw me. I am the lamest runner EVER! I can't go more than a tenth of a mile before I'm ready to pass out, so I alternate walking and running every tenth mile.



Just so you know that I haven't been a complete couch slouch, Carrie implored me to go outside and rake leaves yesterday. Somehow that activity loses some ambience and romanticism when it's 84degrees out. No nip in the air here. It did make it more of a workout and Carrie was thrilled that we did that together. We then made chalk drawings of fall leaves all over the driveway!

My laundry is done and put away although I still don't have a good answer with what to do with all those 'single' socks that inevitably show up at the bottom of the basket. How DOES that happen? My sink is clean and bleached! The dishwasher is running. My bed is made. I will start another load of wash in a minute. Then school will start.

Thanks to my formerly unfit blogging buddies who are now keeping me 'honest' in my quest for fat loss and fitness and encouraging me by example. Hopefully I can encourage some that are struggling as well. This weekend I wanted nothing more than to stuff my face with a greasy grilled cheese sandwich and a brownie sundae but I knew I'd have to answer to this blog and I'd have to tell the truth. Thanks! I survived unscathed. A few months ago, I would have said, "Nuts to it, I'll start the diet again tomorrow, bring on the fatty foods." Now those temptations are fleeting thoughts and I'm able to stick with it so much better.

Have a great day. Stick to your goals. Someone is depending on you!

No comments: