Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Fiber, Fiber, Fiber!

I found an another great fiber-rich food that I can use instead of bread. They're whole grain, high fiber, low carb tortillas made by The Tortilla Factory. I got them at the grocery store on a shelf in a part of the store that had nothing to do with bread or mexican food.....so you can ask at the desk, I guess. One tortilla is ZERO Weight Watchers points so I can wrap it around an egg & salsa, tuna and fresh jalapenos, peanut butter and jelly, etc. They come in a few flavors. I suppose how good they are is somewhat dependant on how long you've been eating rabbit food. I love these things but my dearly beloved hates them. I think in another week or two he'll be wanting me to share mine with him :-)

The other higher fiber things that are great for you are all the peas and beans! They are so good for you and as the weather gets colder they make a wonderful addition to soups of all kind. Bran Buds are another great source, as well as Pepperidge Farm mini whole wheat bagels (it helps if you have a Pepperidge Farms outlet near you)

My bed is made, the sink is clean, pots are scrubbed, laundry is started, and I did manage to squeeze about 25 minutes worth of intense exercise in last night. It was pouring out so Jim and I couldn't walk. I knew I had to answer to my blogging friends so I pried my behind off the couch about 30 minutes before the Y closed. The good news is that I was able to RUN for almost half the time I was on the treadmill. I then spent my last few minutes on the circuit machines doing glute and leg exercises. This morning I'll use my medicine ball for my abs. The scale is looking promising this week. We shall see tomorrow morning. I'm at the place on the scale where I usually stall a little bit so I will keep exercising to make sure that doesn't happen.

Sorry for the long-windedness! Off to FINISH the laundry ---- that's what usually gets lost in translation.

Reforming slowly but surely,
Karen

1 comment:

Marsheila said...

you go girl.... keep up the good work... where did you get the things you were talking about was it wraps?