Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Day to Pray....oh wait.....They All Are!

As you know, today is my 'Pray with the Gals' day as well as my afternoon off from homeschooling! It always so happens that if there is a big decision to be made, it usually ends up that it comes to a make or break moment on Thursdays, right before we pray. This week it's career decisions for my dh. I won't go into detail until after the decision process but let's just say that once again, the decisions are coming down to the wire on a Thursday!

The diet is going well. Jim had a long, grueling day and we felt like going out. We ended up at the Mongolian Barbecue. I don't know if these are all over the country these days but if you've never been to one, they're pretty good when you're dieting, and when you're not because you always get exactly what you want! Here's how it works.....There's a huge long table of raw foods, steak, shrimp, scallops, squid, pork, sausage, chicken, and an enormous amount of vegetable choices. Then there are dry seasonings and many containers of premixed sauces like 'mongolian ginger', 'kung pao', or 'chili garlic'. A few other additions like sesame seeds or an egg are also there. You pile your bowl full of whatever you want and get a little bowl of seasoning. You walk over to the 'grill', which is a LARGE, round, flat cooking surface. A 'griller' takes your bowl and dumps it on the grill and tosses it around with these 3-foot-long stick-like utensils. At the end, he dumps your sauce or seasoning over it, slides it into your bowl with the sticks and your return to your table where the rice and tortillas are waiting for you. It's fun and you can go to their website and build a cyber-bowl of food so you can get the nutritional information from what you just ate. This certainly makes it easier for those of us counting WW points or calories. Oh, was it ever good!

Seeing that it was close to Borders, we spent an hour there as well. We are bookstore addicts. The coffee shop in there has something to do with it but all those books! How wonderful! Enough about my evening out.

So...............

I'm on target with my eating. My bed is made. My laundry done and put away and new load started. My kitchen is in order. The trash has all been emptied and I will put it on the curb when I leave for prayer. Aaahhhh.........peace!

Have a great day everyone!

Karen

No comments: