Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hormones, Shmormones

It just so happens that the beginning of "that time" of the month was yesterday. All I wanted to eat was chocolate. I didn't give in to that temptation even one bit. I didn't even have anything sweet. Even though I have been diet faithful, I am completely bloated (gross, sorry!) I had homemade soup for dinner that was way too salty (kill the cook! .... Oh wait, that's me!?!) I need to drink gallons of water today to get it out of my system. I will weigh in tomorrow morning instead of today. Don't worry, I'm not cheating the plan.....next week I will only have 6 days between weigh-ins to make up for it.

My sink is clean & shiny. My sheets are getting washed. I'm going to do my ab exercises while the girls are having their physical activity for the day.

Yesterday was a fairly awful day as days go. My across-the-street neighbor passed away. She just didn't wake up in the morning. She was less than 10 years older than me, a nice lady who was the backbone of her family. I didn't know her very well, we were at different stages of our lives. I don't know what her relationship with the Lord was. The neighborhood is just floored.

Her death also served as a reminder to do the best for my health. She was, unfortunately, overweight, had heart problems and diabetes. I think a lot of her health problems had much to do with her genes. My genes are pretty good......I shouldn't squander what I've been given healthwise. I need to be around to see Carrie well into adulthood. She doesn't need a couch potato mom. I have choices. I CAN exercise, I CAN eat healthy foods, I CAN watch my portions. I CAN still celebrate, live life, and enjoy food without it controlling me.

Have a great day! I'm off to take care of some laundry and some learning.

P.S. Anyone out there from the Raleigh, NC area? My husband is going down there in November for some training and Carrie and I will be tagging along. I'm looking for some fun stuff to do in the area, cheap or particularly good restaurants (Jim's meals will be paid for, ours will not), or fun parks. There is an awesome looking park near the airport so if you know anything about it, please speak up!

1 comment:

Marsheila said...

Hey Karen sorry to hear about your neighbor passing away....your blessed to not have any sicknesses in your family my mom had diabetes, heart failure, and high blood pressure, she passed away when she was only 58. I really need to get on my diet for one thing I am stressed cause I don't have a job and I think thats why I can't get on it right now however when I read your blog it encourrages me to get on my diet as well. please pray for me I know God does'nt want me this big and unhealthy.