Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Weigh-in Wednesday

Well, weigh-in was less than exciting but I did go down a pound. It's not a lot but , hey, I'll take what I can get. What's important is that I was disciplined and did the right thing.

I did my workout yesterday. My fourth was kibbitzing the whole time, giving me exercise tips. Of course he was right on everything he said and has the muscles to prove it so I had to swallow my pride and listen. He was a real taskmaster. I was glad he stepped in to keep me going. I do think my triceps might not like him so much this afternoon when they will more than likely be screaming in pain.

My bed is made, my sink is clean and empty, and I have exercised planned for later in the day. I confess that I have a load of laundry sitting in the dryer which I plan to go get and fold AND PUT AWAY!!!!!!!!! in just a few minutes. I'm blogging while the girls are doing their math. I've already taught the lesson, they're just doing some seatwork.

Like I mentioned to Connie, I am taking baby steps. I've got this eating thing down pat now, but the bad housework habits I've gotten into the past few years will take some real work. I am up for the challenge.

By the way, our kitten - Shirley, is doing much better. The vet sent me home with an antibiotic, an antihistamine (she could barely breathe), and nosedrops. Shirley thinks they are all torture. I feel like the bad guy cramming pills and medicine down her throat and drops in her nose, but hey, after raising 5 kids I can take it.

This is a great day to accomplish all our goals! Go for it!

No comments: