Thursday, September 20, 2007

Joining Jen's 40 day Challenge

Jen at http://jensmakeover.blogspot.com is just completing 40 days of breaking the habit of eating chips. She has been successful and is about to change another habit for the next 40 days. I plan on doing the same. I don't know what hers will be yet, but I've decided that mine will be a dual-sided challenge for those 40 days. The first will be a commitment to 30 minutes(minimum) of exercise per day, whether at home or the Y. I will not come in on my weight target by Christmastime if I don't add consistent exercise.

The next part of my self-challenge is not fat-related. It is something that causes me as much shame as my weight. I have trouble keeping my housework under control. I am not naturally one of those extremely organized people so I have had to struggle against this my whole life. I am not lazy, just scattered, busy, and needing to put my 'system' to work for me. I have had some success in this area with some real analyzing and work, but, like with the weight, it's time to conquer it completely. So, I have refined my plan to 'keep it together'. I will post my 'messie's manifesto' tomorrow as a way to make myself accountable via this blog.

On a positive note, I was just enjoying the fact that I have gotten rid of the equivalent of 4 three-pound cans of crisco from my carcass! That is pretty exciting. Kind of gross to think that a month and a half ago all that fat was hanging on me. Good riddance! I'm going to a wedding on Sunday and I'm very thankful I don't have to carry all that lard on my bones. Very unbecoming.

Four cans down, ten to go.

No comments: