Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Weigh-in Wahoo!

Well, the numbers travelled in the right direction this week. I lost my 'quota' for this week plus a part of last week's. That took some patience. I was doing all the right things but to have a week where I went up instead of down was pretty disheartening.

A kind of weird thing happened yesterday. My husband just started a new position about a month ago. Yesterday someone approached him in the hallway and said, "I recognize your last name, but I'm not sure from where." We have a last name that is a little unique. Every phone number listed across the country for our last name belongs to someone who is a close relative. I believe I have only found one exception to that, so if someone recognizes our name, they know someone who is related. Anyway, they started talking about where he could possibly know the name from and finally pinpointed that he knew me from UP Bible Camp back in my high school days and must have heard the name from someone when we got married.

I must say that I was mortified thinking that I might run into this guy while at my husbands' office for something. Why? Because I was so skinny back then that he probably wouldn't even recognize me now. Don't get me wrong, this isn't someone I'm trying to impress.....the only one I need to impress is my dear husband. I am just humiliated and embarrassed that I let myself get this much heavier. Oh well. Maybe things like this will keep me going when I'm getting impatient and want to quit. Sheer embarrassment works wonders I guess :-D !

Since this morning was weigh-in, all my extra points reset today so I will bake that apple pie for sure. Son#3 has threatened to bake it himself but I kind of want to enjoy the process. He can bake all he wants....we've got a whole bushel!

I've been at this a month and a half now. I'm a third of the way there, timewise, and just under a third of the way to my weight goal. This just hasn't been that horrible and I'm enjoying staying focused. I hope you are, too!

No comments: