Friday, September 28, 2007

Partial Success

I kept the sink clean of debris. I folded and put away the laundry warm from the dryer. I kept within my points. However, I did NOT exercise. I think the biggest reason is that I have to have a better "plan B" when my schedule for the day changes. Yesterday was supposed to be my day sans kids, but my friend wanted to switch that afternoon to today. I still got a lot done but couldn't make it to the Y or out for a walk that would be brisk enough to be exercise with the girls tagging along. My friend had to head out for a few hours so her daughter wasn't picked up until 6ish. While they had been playing together, I was scrubbing bathrooms, doing laundry, etc. After she left, it was time to get dinner going, take a shower (I was grubby from doing scrubbing stuff and cleaning out garbage cans and such), and have dinner waiting for my dear husband, who has been getting home rather late due to some projects he's trying to 'hit out of the ballpark' during his first hundred days at his new position. Once he's home and we have dinner together, I don't want to leave and go to the Y when it's our only real time together.

I talked to my other friend yesterday about walking in the morning after dh leaves and before school. Son#3 is home then to watch #5 and then I get my activity early in the day and don't have to try to squeeze it in. I then have the added benefit of spending time with this friend who I don't get to see enough.

Looks like I forgot to make the de-caf tea this morning, hence I am talking your ear off.

Have a great day!
Karen

No comments: