Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ah, Thursday. I like Thursdays. It's garbage day so I get to empty all the trash from my garage and I usually clean out the fridge on Thursdays, too. Thursdays are also my "pray with the ladies" day which usually changes the whole tone of my day. Carrie (#5) usually stays after we're done praying. I homeschool Carrie and her friend so on Thursday afternoons, she stays at the friend's house to give me some catch-up around the house time. I realize that most people don't need this but I need to get things back on track around here and I have a few big house projects I want to bless my husband with. I DON'T want to start in on them without having the house nearly spotless in all rooms first.

I have made a discovery. Kittens and medication are a dangerous thing. When the medication wears off, she is pretty near comatose. If I happen to sit down, she climbs up on my shoulder or lap and just crashes. After I give her the medication and it kicks in, she turns into a crazed hunter. My husband is 6'4" and she was lying in wait to capture him as he walked around the corner last night. While she's sick she won't eat so I've had to capitalize on this psychotic hunter thing. I have to take each TINY nugget of kitty chow and roll it across the floor so she can stalk it, torture, and 'kill' it. It takes forever to get a lot of food into her but is extremely effective. Right now she's about 15 minutes before medicine time and in the 'cuddly stage', so my life isn't in grave danger from being attacked by this 1.9 pound kitten.

Off to get the kitchen spotless, do some laundry, change the sheets, and take out the garbage!

So I start my day, on target and off my keister.

No comments: