Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Social Sushi

Today I had fun dieting. I discovered something fun I could eat and not kill my Weight Watcher's points all in one sitting. Son#1 is my food expert. He has worked in a restaurant since he was about 14, first washing dishes but then working as a sous chef. He likes to cook but loves to eat. He likes to be adventurous with his food. I love ethnic food but he always takes it to more of an extreme and it's a lot of fun. Today he asked me if I wanted some sushi. I sprung for lunch but told him to pick out whatever he thought I should try. We had barbecued eel, some marinated but uncooked tuna, and some other wild combination. I am somewhat blissfully unaware of exactly what I was eating rolled up inside that seaweed. What a trip! There's something exhilarating about the kick you get from the wasabi paste hitting you in the back of your brain. Intense!!! Wow!! It was delicious, weight-watcher friendly, and a lot of fun all at the same time and it provided some nice time with my eldest! I ate a quick bowl of soup ahead of time and had three cups of green tea, so I didn't have to eat much to fill me up. This is good news as I was hoping to still be able to have enough points left so that I can actually eat dinner tonight.

No comments: