Friday, November 9, 2007

I'll say it again...

.....nothing tastes as good as thin feels. Nothing.

We went out last night for my Dad's birthday. The detroit area has the highest concentration of middle eastern people anywhere in the United States. This makes for some fantastic restaurants. We ate at one of them last night. I was able to feast on tabouleh, hoummus, fresh pitas, and lamb shish kabob. It was wonderful and I didn't go over my points. I ate probably half of what I usually do when I go there but I was plenty full. It probably helped that I drank about 6 cups of their wonderful tea. Mmmmmmm.

It was nice. The celebration was about the birthdays we were celebrating, not the food. There is life outside of a food-centered existence.

Hanging in there (with a lot less lard),
Karen

1 comment:

TO BECOME said...

I am so happy to hear that you are doing so good. Good for you. You will make it, of that I am sure.

I finally got my weight blog back up and running it is some different than the one I had before I lost it but I have one. If you are interested in seeing it, go to my connies-thoughts blog and you will find it on the right of the page. I can't remember its address right at the moment.

Glad you are doing so good! connie from Texas