Sunday, January 6, 2008

Staying Faithful

Today was a good day! I ate well but within plan and managed to spend 3 hours at the 'Y' playing with Carrie. Jim's NY Giants were in the NFL playoffs, so Carrie and I let him and the guys watch the game in peace and had a lot of fun at the same time.

Jim and I each got a stability ball to work on our mid-sections. If you're in the market, make sure you get one that is anti-burst (can you believe they make ones that aren't????) and get the proper size. Also, DON'T buy them at a sporting goods store unless you want to pay double the price. We bought a pair at Dick's then saw them 20 minutes later at Meijer for less than half the price. Needless to say, the first pair is going back.

We are trying to move our exercise routine to a more do-able location. The 'Y' is exactly a mile from our front door and my husband's work pays for the membership, however, I prefer not to work out with a bunch of people around and I can't just leave Carrie at home when I feel like working out. We eventually will probably get a treadmill, but if we do we'll have to spend the big bucks since my husband is very tall and you need a really good treadmill of the right size. Three of my boys are over 6 foot as well. Anyway, we're good for now. It's just nice to be able to get the exercise in even when there's a foot of snow or slop on the ground. (Today it happens to be slush)

I'm beginning to ramble so I'm off!

No comments: