Friday, January 4, 2008

Back on Track, Doing Well!

Wow! This is so much easier now that the holidays are over. I'm having no trouble whatsoever sticking to it. I think part of me is so worn out from rich foods that the healthier food is a welcome relief to my system, especially since I've been sick. (hasn't EVERYONE this week?)

I feel I need to say a word about 2007 and the original Crisco Challenge. I stuck to my plan like glue clear on through Thanksgiving. When I saw that I wasn't going to meet goal before Christmas in spite of my flawless implementation of 'the plan', I think I just let down my defenses for the holiday season. All is not lost, I still lost a LOT of weight in those first few months and now I'm 'in the zone' again and poised to finish what I started.

This year I think I will break up the year into quarters, each with a weight-loss, fitness, or nutritional goal. I think we all do better, at least I do, when we break things down into smaller chunks and work on them a bit at a time. My first chunk is to finish this weight-loss thing. I am getting SO close but this is where it gets difficult. I hit a plateau around my current weight, the pounds come off slower and I lose my focus. So here is my self-challenge: Eat according to plan every day for the first quarter of 2008. (The only exception is my anniversary in February, and I might not even take that. ) Write SOMETHING every day in this blog for accountability's sake. ALWAYS log in my Weight Watcher points on line.

Fairly simple. Very do-able. I decided to not tie it specifically to a poundage goal, simply because I can only control what I put into my body. I cannot, however, control how fast the weight comes off.

I have to leave in a few moments to drive Dan back up to school. More tomorrow. What are your weight/fitness goals this year?

Karen

No comments: