Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

For all practical purposes, I always start the 'new year thing' on January 2nd. Usually because the first is still kind of holiday-ish, I'm entertaining some of my sons' friends with lots of gooey food, holiday mess still around, etc.

That being said, here are the things I've resolved to do in 2008. There is nothing too fancy or overwhelming as I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. My fitness/weight loss goal is this: stay on plan until I hit goal (shouldn't be too much longer), and then keep eating responsibly for the rest of my natural life; never letting myself get more than five pounds over my goal weight. Some might think that 5-pound buffer is a copout but I fluctuate like that even when I'm 100% in weight-loss mode. As far as fitness, my immediate goal is to just get moving more and start pre-training in the beginning of February for the Detroit Free Press Marathon, start training in June, and run it in October. I think that's enough!

I'm exhausted and there is a cat crawling on my neck in front of the laptop. Gotta love her.

More on resolutions tomorrow, as well as a new name for this blog. I will eventually move it but I think I'll just rename it for now!

Karen

No comments: